Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich
Recipe Type: Lunch
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 small avocado, halved and pit removed
- 2 Tbsp plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion (green parts only)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- optional: chopped fresh herbs such as tarragon, parsley, cilantro
- 4 sandwich thins
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup arugula (or bibb lettuce leaves)
- Scoop avocado from each half shell and place into a medium bowl. Add yogurt, lemon juice and zest, and dijon mustard. Using a fork, mash until smooth.
- Stir in chopped egg, celery, green onion, salt and herbs (if using). Season to taste with pepper.
- Spoon 1/4 egg salad mixture (about 1/3 cup) onto one half of each sandwich thin. Top with 2 slices tomato, 1/4 cup arugula and remaining half sandwich thin. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1 sandwich Calories: 213 calories Fat: 14g Saturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 15g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 489mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 10g Cholesterol: 187mg
1 Protein 1 Starch 1 Vegetable 1 Healthy Fat