Minted Pea Soup
Recipe Type: Soup
0.5 Protein 1 Starch 1 Vegetable
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 green onions, green and white parts, chopped
- 1 (16-oz) bag frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups (or more) low sodium chicken broth (can use vegetable broth for vegetarian version)
- 1 large handful mint leaves, rinsed and coarsely chopped (about 1 coup)
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 8 oz plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and cook until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add green onions and thawed peas, salt and pepper, and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add enough broth to cover peas and onions and bring to a boil. As soon as the mixture boils, remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add mint, lemon juice and zest and honey. Using an immersion blender (or in batches in a blender), puree mixture until smooth, adding more broth if necessary to thin soup.
- Blend in greek yogurt with blender, until smooth.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours and serve cool or at room temperature
Calories: 169 calories Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 26g Sugar: 13g Sodium: 640mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 12g Cholesterol: 2mg