Crispy Fish with Cucumber and Yogurt Sauce
Recipe Type: Dinner
Crispy baked fish topped with a refreshingly light sauce — all within 30 minutes!
- 1 lb white fish, such as cod or haddock (skin removed)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- YOGURT SAUCE:
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp lemon juice (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet lined with foil with cooking spray.
- Cut fish into 1 oz strips (16 total).
- Combine flour, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl. Combine panko and ground flaxseeds in another small bowl. Beat 2 eggs in a third small bowl.
- Working with one fish strip at a time, dredge in flour, then egg, then panko/flax mixture and lay flat on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining fish strips.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For sauce, combine yogurt, dill, and lemon juice in a medium bowl and stir well. Add cucumber and green onion and mix well.
Serving size: 4 oz fish; 2 Tbsp sauce Calories: 250 Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 17g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 123mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 31g
4 Protein 1 Starch 0.5 Vegetable 1 Healthy Fat