Avocado Tuna Salad
Some browning from the avocado is natural. Store this tightly sealed in refrigerator and stir before serving to reduce browning.
Author: Molly Devine, RD
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 medium ripe avocado (a ripe avocado feels like a ripe peach; gives when pressed firmly, but not overly mushy)
- 2 4-oz cans no salt added tuna packed in water; drained
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil-based mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- Optional Add-ins: (choose one to get full veggie serving)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- chopped cucumber
- chopped green or red pepper
- chopped green onions or scallions
- chopped spinach or kale
- Chop avocado and place in a medium bowl. Add tuna, lemon juice, mayo and celery.
- Using a fork, mash all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Add in any other veggies you are using
- Enjoy atop a salad, on toast, with crackers, in a sandwich, or by itself.
2 Protein 1 Healthy Fat 1 Vegetable
Serving size: 2 oz tuna (approximately ¾ cup salad with veggie add-ins) Calories: 177 Fat: 12g Saturated fat: 1g Sugar: 0g Sodium: 75mg Protein: 16g