Baked Apple and Nut Oatmeal
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Egg, Dairy, Nut
- 2 cups uncooked oats
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large apples, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, toasted (pecans or walnuts are very yummy in this!)
- Combine oats, cinnamon, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in milk, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in diced apple and toasted nuts.
- Spread into a 8×8 glass baking dish coated with cooking spray and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until set.
- Serve warm.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 269 cal Fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 37g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 39mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 11g
1 Protein 1 Fruit 1 Starch 1 Healthy Fat[br][br]Note: This can be made in advance and reheated in the microwave before serving. Just add a bit of milk to prevent from drying out when reheating. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon for a spicier flavor!