Baked Pumpkin and Ricotta "Fritters"
These are great leftover as a quick high-protein breakfast.
Author: Molly Devine, RD
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour (Bob's Red Mill makes this and can be found on the flour aisle of most grocery stores)
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together canned pumpkin, garbanzo bean flour, baking powder, ricotta cheese, garlic powder, cinnamon, and salt. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow dough to firm up slightly.
- Using your hands, form ¼ cup mixture into a flat cake, about 2-in in diameter. Place on foil-lined prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough to make 8 cakes.
- Bake 15 minutes on first side. Remove from oven, flip cakes and bake another 15 minutes on the second side, or until golden.
- Serve with a dollop of plain or light vanilla fat free yogurt.
2.5 Protein 2 Starch
Serving size: 2 fritters