Cajun Catfish with Tangy Tartar Sauce
Any white flakey fish will work in this recipe.
Author: Molly Devine, RD
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground red pepper
- 4 4-oz catfish fillets, skin removed
- 4 Tbsp olive oil-based mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp capers (or green olives), chopped
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- Combine spices and herbs, through red pepper in a shallow dish. Add catfish fillets and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- For sauce, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, capers, and horseradish in a small bowl and whisk to blend well.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add fillets and cook until slightly flakey, about 3-4 minutes per side. Serve with tartar sauce.
4 Protein 2 Healthy Fat
Serving size: 1 fish fillet and 1 Tbsp sauce Calories: 235 Fat: 18g Saturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 2g Sodium: 438mg Protein: 26g