Chicken and White Bean Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Recipe Type: Main Course Salad
Serves: 4 (about 2 cups salad with 4 oz chicken)
4 Protein 1 Starch 2 Vegetable 1 Healthy Fat
- 16 oz shredded rotisserie chicken, skin and bones removed
- 2 cups asparagus, tough ends removed and sliced to 1-in pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cups torn spinach
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 bacon slices
- ½ cut green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- Remove skin and bones from chicken and shred meat, removing any excess fat. Place meat in a large bowl. Add spinach and rinsed beans.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add asparagus and sauté until just tender (about 4-5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper and add to bowl with chicken and spinach.
- Add bacon to pan used to cook asparagus. Cook over medium heat until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 tsp drippings in pan and add onions. Saute until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté another minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, add bacon, and whisk in broth through vinegar. Season to taste pepper and drizzle over salad. Serve warm.