Chicken Piccata over Parmesan-Spinach Spaghetti
Recipe Type: Dinner
4 Protein 1.5 Starch 1 Vegetable 2 Healthy Fat
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts (about 1 lb total)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil margarine, divided
- 1/3 cup dry white wine (or low sodium chicken broth)
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp drained bottled capers (optional, could substitute chopped olives)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 oz whole wheat spaghetti (recommended Barilla Brand. 4 oz is about 1/3 of a package)
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed, drained, and heated to room temperature
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Season chicken breasts with freshly ground pepper.
- Heat 1 Tbsp margarine in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken tenders, browning on each side, about 2 minutes per side, until cooked through. Remove chicken and keep warm. Drain pan.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp margarine, wine (or broth), lemon juice and zest and capers (or olives) to pan. Bring to a boil and cook 1-2 minutes, until reduced slightly. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and toss with spinach and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper.
- Serve chicken over spaghetti and spoon sauce over chicken.
Serving size: 4 oz chicken; 2 Tbsp sauce; 2/3 cup pasta Calories: 336 Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 27g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 519 mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 33g Cholesterol: 88mg