Creamy Mustard Roasted Salmon with Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
Recipe Type: Dinner
- 1 lb salmon fillet (preferably wild caught); cut into 4 4-oz pieces
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp honey mustard
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp dried tarragon (optional; can use dill instead)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bunch fresh brussels sprouts (about 4 cups)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/4 chopped fresh Italian parsley (optional)
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Place salmon fillets skin side down on foil.
- Combine yogurt through salt in a small mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Top salmon fillets with yogurt mixture and roast in oven for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Quarter brussels sprouts lengthwise.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute 5 minutes.
- Add cut brussles sprouts and garlic and sauté until just starting to get tender, about another 8-10 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, and syrup (or honey) and combine well.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about another 2-3 minutes
- Add parsley and season to taste with pepper, if desired.
- Serve warm.
Serving size: 1 (4oz) salmon filet; 1 cup vegetables Calories: 309 cal Fat: 15g Carbohydrates: 18g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 586mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 28g
4 Protein 2 Vegetable 1 Healthy Fat