Crispy Baked Tofu
Serves: 4 servings
This is great atop a salad or as a high-protein snack)
- 1 16-oz package extra firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Slice the tofu into 6 slices, about 1/2-3/4-in each. Lay out on several layers of paper towels, cover with additional paper towels and press to release the moisture. Lay a heavy plate or baking sheet on the top layer of paper towels and let sit 15 min or until most of the liquid has been pressed out of the tofu.
- To make the marinade, combine oil through maple syrup in a large bowl
- Cut tofu into cubes and place in the marinade, tossing to coat. Marinate in fridge at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Remove tofu from marinade using a slotted spoon and transfer to a clean bowl. Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp cornstarch and toss to coat evenly.
- Bake tofu in oven until crispy, about 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking time, until golden and crispy
Serving size: 4 oz tofu Calories: 114 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 9g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 165mg Protein: 8g
1 Protein 0.5 Starch 1 Healthy Fat