Crunchy Apple, Spinach and Arugula Salad
You can substitute pears for apples if you prefer and different fall fruit. Add diced grilled chicken or salmon for a complete meal.
Author: Molly Devine, RD
Serves: 4 servings
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups arugula (optional; can use all spinach if you prefer)
- 2 medium apples, cored and cut into thin slivers
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- 4 oz shredded (not grated) Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Combine greens, slivered apples, almonds and cheese in large salad bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, oil and honey. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
1 Protein 1 Fruit 1 Starch 2 Vegetable 1 Healthy Fat
Serving size: 2 cups salad Calories: 253 Fat: 15g Saturated fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 21g Sugar: 14g Sodium: 440mg Protein: 12g