Edamame Succotash with Shrimp
Recipe Type: Main Course
This is great warm or served chilled as a lunch salad the next day!
- 3 turkey bacon slices
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame (soy beans), thawed
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cups frozen spinach, thawed and drained of excess water
- 3 Tbsp white wine (or low sodium chicken or vegetable broth if preferred)
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (or other herb of your choice)
- Cook turkey bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove from pan, place on paper towels to drain excess fat, and crumble when cooled. Reserve 1 tsp drippings in pan.
- Heat drippings in pan over medium heat and add celery, onion and red pepper. Saute 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté another minute. Add edamame, corn, thawed and drained spinach, and wine to pan. Bring to a low simmer and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp and cook another 3-4 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in bacon. Season with salt and pepper and serve garnished with chopped herbs.
Serving size: 1 1/4 cup shrimp & veggie mix Calories: 339 Fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 32g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 487mg Fiber: 8g Protein: 37g
4 Protein 2 Starch 2 Vegetable