Greek Steak Gyros
Serves: 6 servings
You can substitute grilled chicken or flaky white fish in place of steak, if preferred.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 6 flatout wraps (100 cal each)
- 2 cups sliced cucumber
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Feta-Yogurt Sauce
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Simply Organic Ranch Dip Mix
- juice of 1 lemon (1-2 Tbsp water)
- Combine cut steak with next 5 ingredients (through garlic powder) in large Ziploc bag and marinate in fridge at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions and saute 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and place on a plate or bowl.
- Remove steak from marinade and saute in same skillet over medium-high heat, until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Return peppers and onions to skillet with steak and saute until veggies are tender, another 1-2 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- To make each gyro, place 1 cup steak and pepper mix in the middle of each Flatout, add 1 cup lettuce, 1/3 cup cucumber and drizzle with 1/3 cup sauce. Fold up like a burrito and enjoy warm.
Serving size: 3 oz meat, 1 oz cheese, 1 cup lettuce, 1/3 cup cucumber, 1 wrap, 1/4 cup yogurt sauce Calories: 269 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 22g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 456mg Protein: 27g
4 Protein 1 Starch 1 Vegetable 1 Healthy Fat