Grilled Flank Steak with Coffee Rub
Recipe Type: Lunch/Dinner
Serve this flank steak along side steamed veggies for a quick dinner. Utilize leftovers atop a salad or in a sandwich for lunch the next day.
- 2 1/4 lb flank steak, trimmed of excess fat
- 2 Tbsp ground decaf coffee (dark roast is preferred)
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- Combine ground coffee through onion powder in a small bowl.
- Rub steak with spice mixture and allow to sit at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Grill steak, flipping once, until desired doneness, about 10-12 minutes for medium-rare.
- Let sit 5 minutes before slicing.
Serving size: 3 oz steak Calories: 181 cal Fat: 8g Carbohydrates: 5g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 117mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 22g