Grilled Panini with Grapes and Arugula
Recipe Type: Sandwich
Great for lunch or with a side salad or cup of soup as a light, quick and easy dinner!
- 2 cups arugula leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices light whole wheat bread (50 calories per slice) such as Nature’s Own
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- Place arugula in a medium bowl and add 1 tsp oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Lay out 4 slices of bread and top with ¼ cup cheese, ¼ of halved grapes, ¼ of the basil and ½ cup arugula. Top with remaining 4 slices of bread and brush both sides of the outside of each sandwich with ¼ Tbsp oil.
- Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Cook 1-2 sandwiches at a time, depending on size of skillet, pressing down with back of spatula or smaller pan lid. Cook on first side until cheese begins to melt, about 2-3 minutes, flip, and cook on second side until browned, another 2-3 minutes.
Serving size: 1 sandwich Calories: 331 Fat: 14g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 40g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 417mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 13g Cholesterol: 15mg
2 Protein 1 Starch 0.5 Fruit 0.5 Vegetable 1 Healthy Fat