Italian Style Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
Recipe Type: Lunch/Dinner
Make a double batch of these perfectly portioned meatloaf muffins and freeze the extra for a later date!
- 1 (14.5oz) can baby carrots, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (96% fat free)
- 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed (squeeze thoroughly to drain excess water)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (for convenience, try bottled, pre-minced varieties)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1 tsp dried fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) canned tomato sauce, no salt added
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a muffin pan (6 muffin capacity) generously with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash canned baby carrots using a fork or potato masher. Add ground turkey, thawed spinach, minced garlic, egg, oats and spices, though pepper.
- Combine well with your hands or a fork.
- Place 1/2 cup of mixture into each of the 6 muffin tin wells.
- Top each with 1 Tbsp of tomato sauce.
- Bake preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle approximately 1 Tbsp of shredded mozzarella over the top of each muffin and return to oven to cook an additional 10 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165 degrees internal temperature.
Serving size: 1 muffin Calories: 207 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 12g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 305mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 26g