Moroccan Grilled Chicken Kebabs
Recipe Type: Grilled Dinner or Lunch
Serves: 8 servings
This versatile recipe can be made in bulk and used in many different entrees throughout the week. Grill once, eat twice!
- 3 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 18 thighs)
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt (Greek or regular)
- juice and zest of 3 lemons
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1Tbsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Cut thighs into 1 1/2 in pieces and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt through pepper and stir well with a whisk. Place chicken in marinade and stir to coat thoroughly. Place covered in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Thread chicken pieces on soaked skewers, about 4-5 pieces per skewer. Heat grill to medium high heat and grill, turning halfway through, for about 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Serving size: 2 skewers