Mushroom and Swiss Chard Frittata
You can substitute Kale or Spinach for the Swiss Chard if you prefer. Delicious as breakfast or a light lunch or dinner!
Author: Molly Devine, RD
Serves: 8 servings
- 10 whole eggs
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- ½ small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups swiss chard leaves (stems removed, torn into bite-sized pieces)
- 4 oz reduced-fat swiss cheese
- Combine eggs, sage, salt, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl and whisk well.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute 5 minutes. Add sliced mushrooms and saute another 5 minutes. Add chard and saute until just wilted (about 2-3 minutes)
- Pour egg mixture into pan and cook 5 minutes, scraping sides to allow top egg to cook.
- Sprinkle cheese over egg and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook until set, another 10-15 minutes.
- Run a spatula around the sides of the pan and under the bottom of the frittata to loosen. Transfer onto a cutting board and allow to cool slightly before slicing.
2 Protein 2 Vegetable
Serving size: ⅛ frittata Calories: 150 Fat: 11g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 1 g Sugar: 1 g Sodium: 294mg Protein: 12g