One Skillet Italian Chicken
Author: Molly Devine, RD
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1.25 lb chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin slivers
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 15-oz cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1½ tsp Italian seasoning blend (salt free)
- fresh parsley or basil, if desired
- Grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides, about 5-8 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add onions and mushrooms to skillet and saute 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute an additional 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and seasoning blend. Transfer chicken back to pan, cover and cook 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and shaved parmesan cheese, if desired.
4 Protein 1 Vegetable 1 Healthy Fat
Serving size: 4 oz chicken, ½ cup sauce Calories: 186 Fat: 4g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 6g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 258mg Protein: 28g