Peanut and Apple Butter Yogurt Parfait
Recipe Type: Breakfast/Lunch
Cuisine: Dairy, Nuts
Adding apple butter to plain yogurt provides sweetness without all of the added sugar of traditional pre-packaged fruited yogurt varieties. Experiment with additional seasonings likes cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to add more depth of flavor. This protein content of greek yogurt makes it a great choice for breakfast or even a light lunch when you are in a pinch.
- 6 oz. plain, fat free greek yogurt (ex. Fage or Chobani)
- 1 Tbsp apple butter (ex. White House)
- 1/4 c red or green seedless grapes, cut in half
- 10 unsalted peanuts, chopped (or 1 1/2 tsp peanut butter)
- Place yogurt in a bowl.
- Stir in apple butter.
- Top with peanuts or peanut butter and grapes .
Serving size: 6 oz yogurt topped with grapes and peanuts/peanut butter Calories: 203kcal Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 20g Sugar: 14g Sodium: 62mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 20g
2 Protein 1 Fruit 1 Healthy Fat