Pineapple Pork Chops with Bean, Corn and Spinach Salad
Recipe Type: Main Course
- FOR PORK:
- Cooking spray
- 4 boneless pork chops, trimmed of excess fat (about 1 ¼ lbs)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp peeled fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- FOR SALAD:
- 1 cup rinsed and drained black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 8 cups spinach leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp pineapple juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk together soy sauce through black pepper in a small bowl.
- Place pork chops in large zip lock back and pour marinade over chops. Toss to coat and marinate 30 minutes, up to overnight (the longer the better).
- Heat grill to medium high heat and brush with oil/cooking spray.
- Remove pork from marinade, but do not discard.
- Grill pork chops until cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Place marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Combine salad ingredients (beans through tomatoes) in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil through salt and pepper and drizzle dressing over salad. Toss to coat.
- Serve pork chops warm with 1 Tbsp sauce. Salad can be eaten at room temperature or chilled.
Serving size: 4 oz pork; 1 Tbsp sauce; 1 1/4 cup salad Calories: 475 Fat: 14g Carbohydrates: 42g Sugar: 16g Sodium: 596mg Fiber: 9g Protein: 47g
4 Protein 1.5 Starch 1 Fruit 2 Vegetable 1 Healthy Fat