Pork and Cabbage Lo Mein with Asparagus, Snap Peas and Red Pepper
Recipe Type: Main Course
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger (optional)
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 bag Birds Eye Asparagus Stir Fry Mix (or other Asian Stir Fry Veggie Blend)
- 6 cups thinly sliced savoy cabbage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless pork loin chops, trimmed of excess fat, and cut into ¼-in thick slices
- ½ cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti
- Whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, ginger (if using), and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus stir fry mix and saute 5 minutes or until thawed.
- Add cabbage, garlic and pork and sauté until pork is cooked through, about another 5-8 minutes. Add sauce mixture, bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes on low until sauce is thickened.
- Add cooked whole wheat spaghetti and mix well to combine with veggies and sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro and chopped peanuts (if using). Serve warm.
Serving size: 2 cups Calories: 273 Fat: 9g Carbohydrates: 28g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 367mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 25g
3 Protein 1.5 Starch 2 Vegetable 1 Healthy Fat