Ricotta Oatmeal with Figs and Almonds
Substitute raisins or apricots if desired.
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 1 serving
- ½ cup low fat milk (2% milkfat or less)
- ¼ cup plain quick cooking oats
- 1 Tbsp part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped dried figs
- 1 Tbsp toasted sliced almonds
- pinch cinnamon, to taste
- Combine milk and oats in large microwave-safe bowl and stir to mix well.
- Microwave 1½ min. Remove from microwave, add ricotta, dried figs, almonds, and cinnamon and stir well to combine. Cover and let sit 1-2 minutes or until figs are slightly softened. Enjoy warm.
1 Protein 1 Starch 1 Fruit 1 Healthy Fat