Ricotta Pancakes with Maple Yogurt Topping
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Batter mixed with creamy ricotta and then delicately spiced with cinnamon and maple, these are not your average pancakes.
- Cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Bisquick Heart Healthy pancake mix
- YOGURT TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat non-stick skillet or griddle coated with cooking spray over medium heat (about 375 degrees if using electric griddle).
- Whisk together egg, milk and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in ricotta cheese until well combined.
- Stir pancake mix into wet ingredients until blended.
- Use a scant 1/4 cup dry measuring cup to pour each serving of prepared mix onto preheated pan or griddle.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles form on top.
- Combine yogurt and remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Top each serving of pancakes with 1 Tbsp yogurt mixture.
Serving size: 2 pancakes, 1 Tbsp yogurt topping Calories: 229 Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 34g Sugar: 8g Sodium: 501mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 11g
1 Protein 2 Starch