Salmon and Spinach Strata
Recipe Type: Breakfast
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup lowfat milk or milk substitute
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups raw spinach leaves (or 2 cups frozen, thawed and well drained)
- 6 slices whole grain sandwich bread, cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1 8-oz can salmon (large bones and skin removed)
- 4 oz feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and coat a 9×9 in glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, mustard and herbs in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, toss together spinach, bread and salmon. Add egg mixture and toss well to coat.
- Pour entire mixture into baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake until eggs are set, about 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with feta cheese and continue to bake uncovered until nice and golden on top, about another 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving
Calories: 300 Fat: 14g Carbohydrates: 20g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 600mg Protein: 29g
2 Protein 1 Starch 1 Vegetable