Salmon Cake over Mixed Greens
Recipe Type: Lunch
Cuisine: Seafood, Gluten
- 1 14-oz can pink salmon (wild is preferred)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 c panko breadcrumbs (or crushed saltine crackers)
- 1 tsp 30% reduced sodium Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup or more chopped Italian parsley or cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray well with cooking spray.
- Place salmon in a medium mixing bowl and separate with a fork.
- Remove all large bones and skin (small bones are fine).
- Add diced onion, egg, breadcrumbs, old bay, garlic powder, lemon juice and zest, and chopped parsley (if using).
- Combine well with a fork.
- Using your hands, form into 6 patties like you would hamburger.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet and bake in oven 8 minutes on each side, or until golden brown, flipping cakes halfway through cooking time.
- Serve over mixed greens salad with reduced fat dressing.
Serving size: 1 cake; 2-3 cups salad greens; 1 Tbsp low-fat dressing Calories: 121 cal Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 3g Sugar: 1g Sodium: 366mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 14g
2 Protein 2 Vegetable 1 Healthy Fat[br][br]*Exchange and nutrition information provided include addition of salad greens and salad dressing[br][br]Note: Extra cooked salmon cakes can be frozen and easily reheated in the oven for enjoying later.