Savory Sage and Parmesan Pork Chops
Serves: 4 servings
(Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine) These have so much flavor, they can be paired with a simple steamed veggie and small baked sweet potato for a complete meal.
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 4-oz boneless thin pork chops
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- Combine breadcrumbs, cheese, chopped sage, and ground pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Place flour in a separate shallow bowl.
- Whisk egg and mustard together in a third shallow bowl.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working with one chop at a time, dredge in the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumb mixtures and place in hot oil.
- Cook 4 minutes on each side, or until browned and pork is cooked through.
Serving size: 1 pork chop Calories: 276 Fat: 11g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 12g Sodium: 462mg Protein: 30g
4 Protein 1 Starch 1 Healthy Fat