Shrimp Scampi over Spaghetti Squash
Author: Molly Devine, RD
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 large spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 Tbsp Smart Balance spread
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- juice of 1 lemon (about 1 Tbsp)
- Grated parmesan cheese, for serving (1 oz per serving)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place spaghetti squash, cut side down, on baking sheet and bake 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Using a fork, scoop the squash threads from the skin and place in a large bowl.
- Heat Smart Balance in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and saute 1 minute. Add garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Add broth and pepper and bring mixture to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium and cook just 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped parsley and lemon juice. Add cooked spaghetti squash to skillet and toss to coat. Serve warm with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
4 Protein 1 Starch 1 Healthy Fat
Serving size: 1 cup spaghetti squash and 4 oz shrimp Calories: 176 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 12g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 187mg Protein: 25g