Shrimp Scampi over Spaghetti Squash
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 large spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 1 Tbsp Smart Balance spread
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- juice of 1 lemon (about 1 Tbsp)
- Grated parmesan cheese, for serving (1 oz per serving)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place spaghetti squash, cut side down, on baking sheet and bake 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Using a fork, scoop the squash threads from the skin and place in a large bowl.
- Heat Smart Balance in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and saute 1 minute. Add garlic and saute 1 minute more.
- Add broth and pepper and bring mixture to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium and cook just 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped parsley and lemon juice. Add cooked spaghetti squash to skillet and toss to coat. Serve warm with grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
Serving size: 1 cup spaghetti squash and 4 oz shrimp Calories: 176 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 12g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 187mg Protein: 25g
4 Protein 1 Starch 1 Healthy Fat