Slow Cooked Taco Chili
This taco chili is delicious as is but the use of “free food” flavor enhancers can really spice it up! Try chopped cilantro, green onions, nonfat greek yogurt, lime wedges or hot sauce. Adding 1/4 of an avocado is a great way to add a serving of healthy fat.
- cooking spray
- 1 lb top sirloin, trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (look for pre-minced, bottled varieties as a time-saver)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (8 oz) can no salt added tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 pack reduced sodium taco seasoning (we suggest Mrs. Dash)
- Coat bottom of slow cooker pot with cooking spray.
- Add cubed beef and remaining ingredients, through taco seasoning.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Garnish with desired toppings.
Serving size: 1.5 cups Calories: 276kcal Fat: 8g Carbohydrates: 22g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 285mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 28g
3 Protein 1 Starch 1 Vegetable