Tex Mex Chicken Salad with Yogurt Ranch Dressing
Recipe Type: Lunch/Dinner
This recipe makes a large, entrée-sized salad: perfect for a complete lunch or a light, but hearty dinner.
- 2 (3 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt-free taco seasoning (ex. Mrs. Dash)
- 1 bag (about 10 oz) chopped hearts of romaine lettuce
- 2 cups broccoli slaw (1 12 oz bag prepared)
- 1 cup corn (rinsed and drained if canned)
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo (or jarred salsa without corn or beans)
- YOGURT RANCH DRESSING:
- 6 oz plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice (or 1 Tbsp white vinegar)
- 2-3 Tbs chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, dill, chives (or 1-2 tsp dried herbs)
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or very finely minced (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with taco seasoning. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through (juices should run clear).
- Thinly slice each chicken breast and set aside.
- Divide remaining salad ingredients equally among two plates (or containers if you plan to take to-go). Top each with 1 sliced chicken breast.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together with a fork.
- Serve each salad portion with 2 Tbsp yogurt ranch dressing.
Serving size: 2-3 cups greens and 2 Tbsp dresing Calories: 284 cal Fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 28g Sugar: 13g Sodium: 651mg Fiber: 10g Protein: 36g
3 Protein 2 Vegetable 1 Starch