Thai-Style Beef Salad
Recipe Type: Main Course Salad
Cuisine: Asian, Beef
4 Protein 2 Vegetable 2 Healthy Fat
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- juice and zest of 2 limes, divided
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce (or other hot sauce), as desired
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 3 tsp dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 3/4 lb flank steak
- 5 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups fresh spinach, thinly sliced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 Tbsp chopped peanuts
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped green onions (optional)
- For dressing, combine sugar, 3 Tbsp lime juice/zest mixture, 1 tsp chili garlic sauce, 3 Tbsp soy sauce and 2 tsp sesame oil in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Set salad dressing aside.
- For steak marinade, combine remaining lime juice, orange juice, 1 tsp chili garlic sauce and 1 tsp sesame oil in a small bowl and whisk well.
- Place flank steak in a shallow baking dish and add marinade, tossing to coat. Let sit in refrigerator 20-30 minutes.
- Remove steak from marinade and grill on medium-high grill until desired doneness. Let sit 10 minutes before slicing.
- Combine cabbage and remaining ingredients, through mint in large bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve cabbage salad with sliced steak and top with chopped peanuts and green onions.
Calories: 257 calories Fat: 9g Saturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 16g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 334mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 27g Cholesterol: 70mg