Veggie Egg and Cheese Bake
Recipe Type: Breakfast
A great breakfast that you can make ahead of time.
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese (look for 2% milk)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 14oz bag frozen tri-color peppers and onions (Ex. Bird’s Eye Recipe Ready — no sauce added)
- 1 bunch kale (trimmed of ribs/stems)
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray (look for olive oil varieties).
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add tri-color pepper and onion blend and saute until vegetables are tender, about 6-8 minutes. Add the kale to the pan and cook, lid on, about 5 minutes or until greens have wilted. Spread cooked vegetables evenly in baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper with a whisk. Fold in the cottage cheese until well blended. Slowly pour egg mixture evenly over vegetables in the baking dish. Top with cheddar cheese.
Serving size: 8 oz (1 square) Calories: 222 Fat: 12g Carbohydrates: 10g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 556mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 18g
2 Protein 1 Vegetable