Winter Salad with Roasted Squash and Rotisserie Chicken
Recipe Type: Lunch/Dinner
Cuisine: Nuts, Dairy
This salad is fantastic served when the roasted squash and chicken are still slightly warm. Note: Once salad is dressed, it will not keep well. If you want to eat this over several days, pre-portion out and dress just prior to serving.
- 6 Cups Mixed Greens (or spinach leaves)
- 6 Cups Baby Arugula
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (look for the unsweetened variety)
- 4 Clementines (or “Cuties”), peeled and pulled apart into individual sections
- 1/4 cup walnuts (or pecans); chopped and lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 12 oz rotisserie chicken (skin and bones removed), shredded
- 4 cups butternut squash cubes (you can buy these pre cut in the produce section of your supermarket)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place cubed squash in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Line squash cubes in a single layer on baking sheet. Roast in oven until golden brown, turning halfway through cooking time, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Add roasted squash.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl and pour over salad. Toss to coat and serve.
Serving size: 2-3 cups greens, 1 cup squash, 3 oz chicken, 1 Tbsp dressing Calories: 360kcal Fat: 14g Carbohydrates: 32g Sugar: 10g Sodium: 527mg Fiber: 10g Protein: 29g
3 Protein 1 Fruit 1 Starch 2 Vegetable 2 Healthy Fat