Recipe Type: Breakfast or Side Dish
Serves: 1 dozen
Great savoy pancake that can be a breakfast or light lunch or side with grilled meat for dinner. Tip: Double the recipe and freeze extra for enjoying later!
- 4 cups packed coarsely grated zucchini
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped mint (or parsley or dill)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 1 clove minced); optional
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt for serving (optional)
- Place the grated zucchini in a thin dish towel or heavy paper towel and squeeze well to release excess water.
- Combine zucchini, feta, green onions, herbs, garlic, pepper, and flour in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Beat the eggs together with a fork and fold into zucchini mixture.
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet. Place 1/4 cup zucchini mixture in hot skillet and flatten with the back of a spoon. Pan fry on both sides until golden and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side. Serve topped with yogurt if desired.
Serving size: 3 pancakes
2 Protein 1 Vegetable 1 Healthy Fat